It’s nearly impossible to keep up with the ever-changing digital marketing world, and there are so many new and emerging trends that it can be hard to figure out which ones you need to know about to stay on top of your game. Without further ado, here are nine notable SEO trends that marketers need to know about today – social media dominance, big data, mobile marketing, content marketing, video marketing, influencer marketing, email marketing, search engine optimization and customer experience management.
1) Social Media Dominance: It’s no secret that social media is an increasingly popular way for businesses of all sizes or niches to reach their audience through a variety of means, including text posts (tweets), photo posts (Instagrams), updates (updates on a company Facebook page) and more. Consumers love it because it allows them to be connected, whether by FB or Twitter or Pinterest, to their favourite brands as well as those that they would never have been aware of had it not been for social media.
2) Big Data: When it comes to digital marketing, big data refers to the collections of large sets of information commonly found in both structured and unstructured formats. You can use this data to look at past customer behaviour and determine what content is most likely to be relevant for them. The insights you get from analyzing personal preferences can help you create better strategies and campaigns in the future.
3) Mobile marketing: As consumer viewing habits become increasingly mobile, digital marketing teams must keep up with the latest changes and updates and ensure their strategies and plans are compatible with this new format. There are several new tools designed specifically to help marketers handle how people are using mobile devices, including tools like heat maps.
4) Content marketing: The always-important content component of SEO is still an effective strategy. From blog posts to videos and infographics, there are plenty of creative ways to keep your customers’ attention and interest through different types of online content. The more valuable the content is for them, the more likely they are to share it with others which can help you gain visibility.
5) Video marketing: It just makes sense that consumers would want to see videos about products or services that they’re interested in purchasing. It gives them a chance to see the product first-hand and hear about many of its benefits rather than just reading about it, which can help increase conversions. It’s also helpful when it comes to things like explaining features or troubleshooting problems.
6) Influencer marketing: When it comes to online content, influencers are individuals who have an influential status across social media platforms, whether it’s a celebrity, blogger, an industry expert or someone with a large number of followers on Twitter. To take advantage of influencer marketing, it’s essential to find the most relevant influencers for your brand and work with them to create content that will resonate with your audience.
7) Email marketing: While some people may think that email marketing is a thing of the past, it’s still effective. Email marketing allows you to send relevant content directly to your subscribers, resulting in both increased engagement and conversions. However, it’s essential to remember what type of content you send through email marketing campaigns should be relevant so that your subscribers don’t feel like they’re being spammed.
8) Customer experience management: When you begin to think about customer experience management (CEM), you’ll find that it’s all about measuring and improving the interactions between customers and your brand. There are many ways to do this, including tools like call tracking software, live chat support and reviews on social media platforms like Yelp and Google. You can also use engagement metrics to determine what type of content your audience is most likely to be interested in.
9) Search Engine Optimization: SEO is still an essential part of digital marketing campaigns. It’s vital to make sure that you’re creating relevant content for your audience and optimizing your website to be found by people looking for the products or services you provide. Many ranking factors come into play, including site speed, mobile compatibility and proper indexing.
It’s important to remember that digital marketing is constantly changing, and many new SEO trends come into play each year. With this in mind, it’s not a good idea to rely on old strategies and out-of-date techniques because you’ll run the risk of your site falling in search rankings. The important thing is to keep up with the latest news and advice so that you can ensure your online marketing campaign stays on track.
Thank you for reading this article! If you enjoyed it, please share it on social media.